RotoQL Announces $1.2M Seed to Level Playing Field in Daily Fantasy SportsPosted on April 19, 2017
Past experience from star players and knowledgeable investors already embedded in Daily Fantasy Sports align for “go-to” tool used by both casual and advanced fans.
April 19, 2017 – New York, NY — Sports data and analytics company RotoQL (/) announced today a $1.2M seed round led by Boston Seed Capital, Jason Robins (Founder and CEO of DraftKings) and Saahil Sud, the #1 ranked Daily Fantasy Sports player. The funding will accelerate the already profitable company with essential tools for consumers in Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS), as well as build and market a similar tool for season long fantasy.
“RotoQL seeks to build and own the information highway for consumers in the sports vertical,” said Saahil Sud. Our vision goes beyond just DFS. We also seek to revolutionize and democratize the way consumers access and enjoy sports data and this seed round will help us get there faster.”
The DFS community in the U.S. alone makes up more than 55 million people. But while wagering and earning returns is a legal and entertaining past-time for more casual daily and year-long players, it has become difficult to compete with an elite few who dedicate countless hours and automation to winning bigger pots as the incumbent betting platforms matured.
RotoQL is an equalizer for what is now a $1.2B a year market, and will quickly become the one of the world’s top destinations for sharing sports data online.
“RotoQL launched with a daily fantasy product that empowers players to leverage data and analytics in order to build competitive lineups, and next, the company will build data products for season-long fantasy players,” said Peter Blacklow, Managing Director at Boston Seed Capital. “While there are several large B2B sports data businesses, there is no leader in sports data for consumers — we believe the team at RotoQL will become the Bloomberg data terminal for sports fans.”
RotoQL has positioned itself as an equalizer in the daily fantasy space — empowering casual players with the same tools and analytics that professionals use. One customer, Michael Sugar, an Academy Award winning film producer says: “I stumbled upon RotoQL as I started playing DFS, as a hobby. I find the tool to be an invaluable resource for me, and have generated substantial income ever since.” Sugar is now regarded as one of the top earning players in the world, and is one of just 2 (or three..you guys can check) players who recently qualified for the World Championship for Basketball AND Hockey at the same time.
Full Investor List
- Peter Blacklow (GP @ Boston Seed Capital) — Peter is currently a General Partner at Boston Seed Capital. He previously served as President at WorldWinner which pioneered online skill games for cash and prizes. Peter helped grow WW’s revenue from $6M to $130M.
- Jason Robins (CEO @ DraftKings) — Jason is the founding CEO at DraftKings
- Tim McSweeney (Angel Investor) — in a prior life, Tim was an incredibly successful hedge fund manager and operator. He is currently a super angel investor in companies like Core, Drizly, Bouqs and DraftKings.
- Mark Mariani (Owner @ VegasInsider) — Mark was on the founding team at Sportsline and grew the business until its acquisition by CBS. He is currently the owner and president at VegasInsider.com, the leading sports betting information site in the U.S.
- Michael Spirito — Michael is a VP at the FOX Sports Regional Networks via a ten year tour of duty at YES Network which was acquired by FOX.
- Paul Beattie (Investor/Advisor) – Paul founded OpenBet, a software provider to sports books, and grew the business from 4 to 800 people until its acquisition by NewsCorp.
- Ralph Topping (Investor/Advisor)) — Ralph served as CEO at William Hill, one of UK’s largest bookmakers, from 2008 to 2014.
- Saahil Sud – Saahil is a founder at RotoQL and the world’s number one ranked daily fantasy sports player.
RotoQL’s vision is to be the world’s leading provider of tools and analytics to the fantasy sports community of 56 million, including both daily and season long fantasy sports competitors. Starting with the daily fantasy sports (DFS) vertical, RotoQL launched software — complete with predictive analytics, data and workflow tools — to users competing on DraftKings and FanDuel, the two leading DFS sites. After just twelve months of monetizing, RotoQL has become profitable and will generate seven-figure in revenue in 2017. RotoQL has raised $1.7M to date from Boston Seed Capital and DraftKings CEO, Jason Robins. Now RotoQL is now helping users find the best sportsbook promo codes
For Media Assets Visit: https://goo.gl/NkFcCC